This Week

Running Log

PR's

Monday, September 15, 2008

Top 10 Favorite Runs of All Time

10. My first two miler.

To achieve this distance once again after so many years and pounds brought a tear to my eye.

9. Macclay Gardens State Park, Tallahassee, FL.

Ran this Runner's World "Rave Run" with my son not long after he started running.

8. Littleton, NH.

Scenic New England town featured covered bridges and an old mill. Note to Runner's World you may want to check this place out.

7. Running the Boardwalk and Beach resorts at Disney with my son.

Highlighted by hearing "Chariots of Fire" playing over the loudspeakers of the empty parking lot at MGM Studios as we approached the park. Talk about movie magic!

6. Leominster State Park, Fitchburg MA.

First ever 10 miler on single track through heavy forest. Fantastic. The fact that not a single person in the world knew where I was and that I was running it alone may not have been so wise. Still a fantastic run!

5. St. Johnsbury, VT.

Running in the town my father grew up and where my grandfather delivered the mail was a wonderful experience. So was the 39 degree late May temperature for this Florida/Louisiana runner.

4. Cades Cove, TN.

Great 11 mile loop featuring beautiful scenery and rolling countryside.

3. Rail to Trail Saginaw to St. Charles, MI.

Incredible 8+ mile run through 6 to 8 inches of brand new snow. Funnest run ever!

2. Houston Marathon, Houston, TX

Incredible crowd support, wonderfully diverse course.

1. Hyde Park, London England.

I read about someone running both Hyde Park, London and Central Park, NYC in the same day. I would like to run them both in the same lifetime.

No comments: