This Week

Running Log

PR's

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And the Marathon is......

I have been tentatively planning to run my third marathon this winter, but had not yet selected the specific race. I had actually registered for Houston but sold my registration when the logistics did not work.

The race needed to be not too far from SW Louisiana, not too small and not too warm. It also needs to fit into some existing travel plans our family has made.

With that in mind.....I am please to announce that the marathon is.....The Mississippi Blues Marathon in Jackson, MS on January 3, 2009. http://www.msbluesmarathon.com/

The race is a Saturday race which is a nice bonus for a pastor. The downside is that of the 47 reviews (www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=2795090103) approximately....all of them choose to describe the race as challenging or difficult. Apparently Jackson has some hills. This may jeopardize my chances to achieve my goal of breaking 4:00.

At the same time, these same reviewers all raved about the race. So they must be doing something right.

I am looking forward to the race and getting underway with the training.

No comments: