This Week

Running Log

PR's

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Favorite Running Stuff


I have been a runner for about four and a half years now. One of the attractions to running as a hobby and fitness strategy is that there is "no equipment" and "it can't cost that much to run around the block a couple of times."

Turns out it costs more than you think and there is quite a bit of equipment that you can buy. Over time however I have found that not every I bought really made a difference in my life. Here is a list of some of the things I am glad I bought --

1. Running clothes by Starter. Shorts and shirts for under $15 each at Walmart. What is not to love?

2. Body Glide. Don't leave home without it or you could spend the weekend walking like a cowboy who lost his horse.

3. Nexcare™ Heavy Duty Flexible Fabric Bandages. Best way to save your shirts and avoid awkward stares after a long run.

4. Cliff Bar Shot Blocks. Giant gummy cubes provide fuel and something to do during marathon training. I like the ones that have caffeine.

5. Asics GT 2120. After hitting every running store on the Gulf Coast in search of the perfect shoe that would provide a "cloud like" running experience, I discovered that shoe did not exist (and neither did a bunch of my money). I can usually find the 2120's online for less than $60 that are at least equal to the ones I paid twice that much for.

6. Garmin Forerunner 301. Without a doubt my favorite purchase, tracking my every mile and instantly revealing my current pace.

No comments: