This Week

Running Log

PR's

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Going to Have to Make Room....


for this morning's run on my Top Ten Runs list.

I spent the last couple of days in New Orleans for the Louisiana Baptist Convention annual meeting. I traveled by myself, which gave me the opportunity to get in a run that I have been wanting to do for a long time....St. Charles Avenue.

Since my marathon training called for a 10 miler today it fit in perfectly. I parked in a public parking lot in the French Quarter, close to Cafe du Monde. From there I ran along the riverwalk, then headed up Canal Street for several blocks to St. Charles. Once I got past Lee Circle I was hitting the route I had really wanted to get to. For a while I ran the sidewalk, but then moved to the neutral ground (grass median every place else in America)between the street car tracks. But traffic was light and I spent most of the run on the street, which was the smoothest of the three surfaces.

I turned around at the main entrance to Audobon Park. Once I had got back to my car I had completed a hair over 11 miles at about 8:25 a mile. Only down side was having to pay $8 for the parking. Most expensive run that did not at least get me a t shirt!

No comments: