This Week

Running Log

PR's

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Blip

After repeating on an almost daily basis "this is the best prepared I have ever been at this stage of marathon prep" the unthinkable occured.

An injury. Coming off vacation, I suddenly developed a severe pain in the top my foot/ankle which Dr. WorldWideWeb and I have diagnosed to be a tendon problem. I ran for a few days with clenched teeth but realized that was not going to be a long term strategy. So I shut it down for nearly a week and sat around the house being grumpy, eating everything in sight.

Thankfully, my first two days back on the road (slightly scaled down) have been encouraging. I experienced a little discomfort but was easily able to finish each run.

So with 67 days remaining till the Mississippi Blues Marathon, I would encourage each of you to buy stock in Advil because I am not giving up this easy (and my registration is non refundable.)

No comments: